Im on board a sinking ship of misfits. beerddlovliness's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default hello hello hello

hey everyone! sorry that i havent been super active the last few weeks. been modding my pc case and took a bit of time to do. currently have the s340 base case in white. I plastidipped the top of the case today white so it matches the rest of it lol. also cut a hole in the front of the case for air flow cause it sucks on it haha. waiting on a few more of corsair fans and a different cpu cooler to go in it. bought a white enermax cooler etst40 which has good reviews on amazon and it was white. like i said. lol. Should match perfectly. kinda lol. also removed the hard drive cage from the bottom of the case and have one mounted straight on the bottom of the case.

I also bought a kingwin fpx 001 fan controller. Im going to try and see how big it is without the housing on it and than ill probably drill a few holes through the top of the case to put the knobs through. lol. if it doesnt work ill just put it in one of the expansion bays in the back no big deal haha.

will also be buying another 1070 in the coming months cause why not lol.

And on a completely unrelated note, I am also looking to buy a 2013 jeep wrangler sport unlimited. Hopefully i can, fingers crossed lol.

Anyways, just wanted to post and spill the beans with what ive been up to the last few weeks. how yall doing other wise?

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Helo, how could you make a post like that and not add s few pictures of the build you worked so hard on.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I definetly will Duke, im just waiting for the few parts I have left. I should be getting them on monday July 24th so expect a post the following thrusday or friday :D

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

ok, I cant figure out how to upload photos from an iphone to the site lol. I hit the insert image and it wont download from phone. I get a little red '!'. the hell lol

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

You could try an Imgr link, I haven't had much with photos on this forum either.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

#Hainzy's Cat

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

That build looks awesome!
    I can't feel my fingers.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

#1 link shows the plasti dipped top. I like this instead of the black because the black was just dumb lmao
    #2 link shows the Kingwin FPX 001 fan controller that I added. I took the housing off that would screw into the 3.5" bay. I than cut one of the supports for a pcie slot and just glued the bitch in there. works for me haha. I have it connected to the 4 fans NOT the CPU fans.
    #3 link shows the front of the S340 case. I cut a hole in it for better airflow. I found that the hole that NZXT uses for airflow arent enough. This keeps it roughly 10 degrees cooler, slightly less maybe. I used the CAM software from NZXT to watch temps while I play games. nothing to exciting.
    #4 link shows the overall build.

---PARTS LIST---

GTX 1070
    Gigabyte Z97x Gaming Mobo
    480 PNY Xlr8 SSD
    1tb hard drive
    i7 4790k
    16gb DDR 3? XLR8 Ram PNY
    2 Corsair HD 140 RGB fans and 2 HD 120 - not necessarily for the RGB function to be fancy - just in case I decided to change color scheme in the future I wont have to buy new fans lol
    Enermax ETS T40W Dual Cluster CPU Cooler - keeps me below 70 degrees celsius even though I dont overclock and perhaps never will. I just like the color and the white LEDs on them

- U channel from MNPCtech : https://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gamin...ods-clone.html
    - Kingwin FPX 001 Fan Controller : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    - Enermax Cooler : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    - Corsair HD 140s : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    - Corsair HD 120s : https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-HD120...NBH5JGJG8Y2RHQ

Was originally going to use a modded acryllic window that I got from MNPCtech that added 2 fans to the case but it added them at the front of the case and you cant reorient them to the back like I wanted to I ended up scratching that idea off the list which sucks cause that was a loss of $50 that I wont get back lmao

I also had the Corsair H100i V2 in it but the hoses on that are too bulky and they cant rotate.it looks like to me that NZXTs cooler hoses might be able to rotate a little but Im not 100% sure on that. oh well.

https://mnpctech.com/nzxt-h440-s340-...-dual-120.html

I also have the EVGA Link adapter for the video card. I wish it wasnt so bulky.

I think That Is everything for now. I plan on Upgrading the Power supply to an EVGA 1000w, getting the custom sleeved white cables for that supply, and throwing in another 1070 when the price drops a bit. Im really tempted to buy the Vertical Bracket that MNPCtech sells when I get a second video card and seeing if I can jam that in there lol. For shits and giggles XD. I kind of want to try to do a hard lined water cooled build in this case too lol

anyways I think I am done with this build for right now.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

FYI leds are turned to white too lmao. not blue XD

Not all who wander are lost. AOD Member AOD_SpikeTsu's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    New World
    Status
    Active

sweet build!
    Honor with service those who serve with honor.